Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Whisper of Winds

Lying in the sun
I feel the breeze
blowing through
the grasses and trees.

It passes through
the woodlands like a whisper
carried on
by the gossiping leaves.

I don’t know, but I think the wind stole
the words I was trying to say.
Words of you
Spoken true
It carried them away.

I tried to chase them,
I tried to catch them,
But it carried them away.

On a mountain in a field
where shadows hide,
I built a shield.
I made it strong,
I built it high
to keep the wind from passing by.

But as I spoke my words that day,
the wind blew through anyway
and carried my words away.

I tried to chase them,
I tried to catch them,
But it carried them away.

Those words,
are they gone?
Will they ever be heard?
They’ve been lost in the clouds
like a high-flying bird.

If they ever fall down
I hope that you’re near
so my words of love
will fall in your ear
and let you know
I need you here.

So I’ll speak once again
and hope that the wind
is blowing today,
blowing your way
to carry my words away.

I won’t try to chase them,
I won’t try to catch them.
The wind will carry them away.

No comments: